Thursday, June 20, 2013

I'm back with a review of NYC Liquid Eyeliner

  Thank you to everyone who commented on my last post :)  I don't think I'm 100% back to blogging but I'm slowly catching up on my blog reading and will post occassionally until I'm ready.  The past week has been extremely stressful with my apartment situation, work, and then to top it all off I got sick so I haven't had the energy to make any posts. 

  On to the makeup!  For years I had stuck with Rimmel's liquid eyeliner but when I went to repurchase it a few weeks ago it was sold out at both Shoppers and Rexall.  I picked up this NYC Liquid Eyeliner since it was the cheapest I could find that had a brush rather than a felt tip applicator.  I've been using it everyday for the past few weeks and feel like I've tested it enough to give my opinion.



  NYC Liquid Liner comes in a basic, round black tube but really I could care less about what the packaging looks like.  The round edges make it easier to get all of the product out when you're nearing the end which is why I always prefer rounded tubes as opposed to rectangle shaped packaging.  The applicator is a brush but it doesn't contain the usual hair like fibres.  The fibres are either made of plastic or something similar but the ends are smooth and the brush is quite flexible. 

  Formula wise NYC Liquid Eyeliner is neither too runny or too thick, it's just right.  The liner dries pretty quickly unlike other liners I've tried.  I usually have to touch up my liner after around 5-6 hours of wear as it starts to fade but not drastically.  The colour of this liner is a bit of a let down for me personally as it isn't very bold and it has a semi matte finish.  I prefer liquid liner to have a glossy look to it when it's dried.

  My favourite feature of this liner is the size and shape of the brush.  I have never found a liner that is so easy to apply.  I can quickly whip this on in the morning with few mistakes and the shape of the brush makes it easy to create the perfect wing.  NYC Liquid Eyeliner can also be used more subtley to create a thin line as well.

  Overall I'm very impressed with this liner as it's very easy to apply.  I just wish it was bolder and glossier but for the price I'd definately repurchase.

Availability: Rexall/Pharma Plus or Wal-Mart


22 comments:

  1. Your liner mark looks fantastic, I prefer glossy formulas too, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Inez :) Yeah, a glossy finish just makes it look more neat.

      Delete
  2. Welcome back (ish) and get well soon! If you like the brush a lot, when you run out of the liner itself just use the brush in another formula that you prefer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steph! I'm totally going to do that, thank you for the tip :)

      Delete
  3. I tried this a long time ago and it's actually a pretty good drugstore liner I think. I hope things get better for you soon. You definitely need lots of rest. Stress alone can drain you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm much more impressed with this than more expensive drugstore liners I've tried. Thanks Pang :)

      Delete
  4. Great review Christine!! :)

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I like that you say it's easy to apply! That's always my biggest problem when it comes to liquid liner! I'll have to give this one a go since I'm on the market for a new one anyway (damn those MAC Penultimates - they always dry out too fast!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope you like it! I can apply this without resting my elbows on a flat surface which to me makes it a real winner.

      Delete
  6. So perfect! The brush sounds interesting! I've had to go back to kohl as my eyes won't stop watering at the moment and liquid liner ends up all over my face! Glad to see you back :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This really doesn't run, maybe you'd like it then? Thank you Vicky :)

      Delete
  7. This is the first liquid liner I have seen with that type of brush. Liquid liner always burns when I apply it. I have no idea why. I stick to gel liner.

    Amina ∞ Oh Just One More

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a perfect wing if I ever saw one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The flick suits you so much! Jealous lol! It really looks fab on you! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great review Christine! I think I will check this one out next time I go to Walmart... I prefer a more matte finish so this one is right up my alley... hope you are feeling better!

    Sarah
    Eyeshadow Addicts Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  11. It seems to look thicker than the Gosh Extreme Liner, which is definitely something I love about it. Need to check this out...and I won't feel too bad cause they are cheaper in price :P Thanks for sharing it!
    ps glad to hear that you have moved back. Damn that was one crazy week for you with everything. But hope things are settling down now~

    ReplyDelete