Saturday, February 23, 2013

Cover Girl Lash Blast Clump Crusher Mascara


Cover Girl Clump Crusher (2 coats) on left eye and no mascara on right eye.
  When I was out shopping with my mum last week she told me that she was in love with a new makeup product and wanted me to review it.  While in Shoppers she showed me that it was the new Cover Girl Clump Crusher mascara.  I had seen the commercials for it and heard it raved about online but my past experience with Cover Girl mascaras is that they irritate my eyes.  I took a chance though and offered to try it out.

  I was a bit worried when I got home and realised we had picked up the waterproof version which is usually a big no no for my sensitive eyes (I wear contacts and am prone to infections).  I have to say this caused no irritation at all!  It was fairly easy to remove too which is usually another problem I have with waterproof makeup.

  The wand of this mascara is rubber and fairly easy to work through your lashes.  I did find I had no clumps at all but it also didn't provide much volume or length.  I prefer my mascara to be very bold and dramatic so I have to really build up this mascara to get the effect I want.  This mascara however works amazingly when paired with other mascaras as it removes all the clumps that volumizing mascaras can cause.

  I'd class this as an everyday mascara and I'd recommend it to people who like their lashes to look natural.  I don't think I'd repurchase this mascara as there are other cheap ones I prefer but I'll definately use it up.

Availability: Drugstores,Wal-Mart etc.

26 comments:

  1. I find it so cute that your mom told you to review this! it does look pretty non-clumpy, and it'd probably be good for me because my eyes are super sensitive too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always recommended or picked out products for her so now that I have a blog she wants me to review everything lol.

      Delete
  2. I haven't used a covergirl mascara in ages -- I remember Procter and Gamble had a pop-up shop on Bloor a few years ago where they handed out all these samples of Lash Blast, and it really didn't work on me. This wand is pretty intriguing though, the bristles look long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I used to use Cover Girl a lot in my teens but not so much recently. I hated Lash Blast too and think this is a bit better.

      Delete
  3. This looks gorgeous son your long lashes! I've heard both sides of the story with this mascara and if I'm probably going to try lash blash if I'm going to get a CG mascara because I want volume.

    http://ahemitsemme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think mascara is so subjective since we all have different lashes to work with.

      Delete
  4. Great review! I haven't tried a new Covergirl mascara in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have sensitive eyes as well and some mascaras drive my eyes nuts...I'm looking at you l'oreal telescopic! So good to know this is a safe, natural looking option :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can easily wear L'Oreal Telecopic so hopefully this one would be ok for you :(

      Delete
  6. It's good this mascara doesn't clump, my Maybelline Falsies does really bad and it's so irritating!

    Kimberley x

    http://kimberley77.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like a little clump lol to add some volume but there's a fine line between too much and not enough.

      Delete
  7. I have heard so much about this mascara, Fleur De Force is constantly raving about it! Such a shame it's not so volumising but at least you can use it to de-clump others! I much prefer dramatic lashes too.
    I've sent you an email ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if someone already has long lashes they'd like it but mine are barely noticeable.

      Delete
  8. I actually have this exact mascara, and it's a great plain old every day mascara!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you described it perfectly. It's plain and everyday. But my everyday look is usually more dramatic lol.

      Delete
  9. I have been using and trying out this mascara for the past month, and I really like it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I've heard that so many people love this! Glad to hear it works for you :)

      Delete
  10. Doesn't seem like the kind of mascara I'd typically pick up but I would still like to try it because I've liked all the Cover Girl mascaras I've tried so far xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm pretty loyal to L'Oreal or Benefit but I'm up for trying anything really.

      Delete
  11. I've definitely wanted to try this one out, but I really want something that will add a lot of volume to my lashes so this review was super helpful :)

    -Ezi

    ikintoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad this helped you Ezi :) Hopefully you can find a mascara that works for you.

      Delete
  12. Unfortunately I don't understand the hype about Cover girl mascara's:( I got the lash blast (purple tube) and it didn't do much. I agree, it gives off a more natural look, almost like nothing is there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol someone who agrees with me! Maybe people like them since the rubber bristles make them easy to use?

      Delete
  13. I was wondering how this mascara performed, glad to hear I can pass on it now... I agree too that a lot of these mascara's they change the color and brush but they all seem to perform just ok and about the same...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol you're totally right. The new colour is probably just a marketing thing.

      Delete