Friday, January 25, 2013

KMS Free Shape Quick Blow Dry



  For as long as I can remember I've had hair that takes an abnormally long time to dry.  It takes around 8-9 hours to air dry.  Safe to say when I heard about this KMS heat protector that claimed to help hair dry faster (with the aid of a blow dryer), I was excited to try it out.

  I did a little experiment where I used a heat protector with no claims of fast drying (Aveda Damage Remedy Daily Repair) one day and the KMS Quick Blow Dry a few days later after washing my hair again.  With the exemption of the heat protector, the other products and tools I used were identical.  I timed each blow dry on my iPhone to see if there was any difference.  As you can see the KMS Quick Blow Dry dried my hair around 3 minutes and 40 seconds faster than normal.

  Just over 3.5 minutes isn't a considerable time difference for me so I'm not impressed with KMS Quick Blow Dry's drying qualities.  As a heat protector it's not so great either.  My hair feels less soft than it does with the Aveda product and I find the KMS Quick Blow Dry makes my hair get greasier more quickly.  I will use this product up but I wouldn't repurchase it.

Availability: Trade Secrets $18.75

14 comments:

  1. The idea of this is great, shame it doesn't work a bit better :( My hair is really fine but even I get bored with the hairdryer! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hope it'll lead the way for similar but better products. I hate blow drying, it hurts my arms :(

      Delete
  2. First off, wow it takes you long to dry your hair!
    3.5 minutes is not worth the difference especially if your hair gets greasier faster and the product doesn't do much to help the condition of your hair when you are done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know lol. It's a pain. 3.5 minutes is such a joke :(

      Delete
  3. I hate blowdrying my hair so 3 less mins would be worth it to me - but not with a lesser end result. Especially if it gets greasier faster because that just means more dry shampoo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it were a great heat protector it would be enough for me but since it's crappy I'd want it to be quicker.

      Delete
  4. That's brilliant think I may need to try this


    1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehe i was going to time myself too!! good to see that it does make a difference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I had to. Like I felt it did dry it quicker but I wasn't sure.

      Delete
  6. Eh, for $20 you would expect it to be something dramatic or at least a little better than only 3 minutes! Such a bummer as it sounds like you and I have the same type of hair, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah $20 is way too steep for a heat protector so you'd think it'd be AMAZING which it definately isn't. Haha doesn't it suck? No one ever believes me.

      Delete
  7. I found that this made a difference in making my hair dry faster although I haven't timed it thats a good idea! I did find it made my hair feel crunchy I think that is due to the main ingredient being alcohol so its very drying. Great review x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you can definately tell that it speeds up the process but it's such a horrible product otherwise :(

      Delete